Welcome to Tums to Tiddlers!

Welcome to Tums to Tiddlers! Whether you are pregnant, have just had your baby or have a toddler on the loose, Tums To Tiddlers aims to provide a growing collection of products for you and your family.

We offer Labour TENS machine hire, a library of pregnancy and childcare books and a growing range of products which we think are fantastic for mums, dads and little ones. So hopefully there is something we can do for you, but if not, just sit back and enjoy our blog with a cuppa!

No easy task ....

Sometimes being a Mummy is no easy task. This week specifically has thrown up a decision I've needed to make which has caused many anxious moments, tears and doubt about whether I've done the right thing. I thought I'd share it with as I'm sure that most of you will have either experienced something similar or will do at some stage.


With growing interest in the baby classes I run, it has come to the time when I need some additional childcare hours to be able to run a further class. My two year old, Charlie, currently goes to a wonderful nursery two mornings a week. He has been there since he was 9 months old (and my eldest went from aged 1 right through to starting school) and he loves it. I've always felt totally confident leaving my babies there with the girls who have become their 'second mummies'. I had envisaged Charlie attending right through until starting school, as his brother had.

The nursery is by no means expensive, especially for the environment and care that they provide which is second to none. However having gone from a full time salary to what I earn now, watching our budget is top of the agenda, therefore we couldn't really afford to increase the time at the nursery and so had to look for an alternative. A friend of mine was sending her son to a local preschool and I'd heard a lot of good things about it from a number of others also. So this week, having thought about it long and hard, I decided to move Charlie from nursery to the Preschool where he could do more hours within our budget. 

I can't tell you the tears I've cried since handing in Charlie's notice at nursery, sad for him to be leaving somewhere he (and I) love so much and wondering if he will be ok in the new setting :-( There's not a day that I've regretted leaving my office career and embarking on Tums to Tiddlers, not even having to budget more carefully, but this week I will admit to feeling frustrated at finances dictating a decision I didn't really want to make.

The 'finances-childcare-time with your children' scenario is one that so many parents face on a daily basis and there's rarely an easy or straightforward answer. All you can do is your best and know that you made decisions on that basis.

No comments:

Post a Comment